Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pinewood Derby and awards

Here are the pics from our Pinewood Derby in January, I am a bit behind with these pics. I did have them on my facebook account right after though. I thought I better put them on the blog as well. Every boy had their picture taken in front of the poster for the slide show.
I couldn't get Shawn to smile, he did smile for the one for the slide show though and I saw it and it was much better, but this picture fits him as well.
James was feeling left out so he went over and said "take my picture too" So of course I had to. He is so darn cute!!

Mikey earned his Wolf badge and several arrow points already and a bunch of belt loops too, he is doing great, it does help to have wonderful Den leaders, they do such a wonderful job.


Shawn advanced to Webelos, here he is getting his new neckerchief and slide from his leaders.

Shawn's Car

Mikey's Car

I love Mikey's face after he won this race and his hands, it was fun to watch, we were a bit worried for his car since the wheels were falling off right before and they didn't line it up right and it didn't move the first time they started, so Chris had to tell them to put the wheel on the track the right way. It all turned out well in the end!!

Shawn and Mike both made it to the quarterfinals and raced against each other, we weren't sure who would win but in the end Mikey was the one that came in first, it was a very close race, if you can tell the two closest to them are their cars.

All the scouts and their cars

Shawn got his little participant award and a little prize.

Mikey got THIRD in the whole troop!!!! The top three got these cool winners belts. GO MIKEY!!!

Here are the top three winners

Way to go Mikey, he was so excited to win the cool belt, he took it to school the next day to share with his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment