Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Water fun this Summer!!

Sorry this is a long one. We certainly had a lot of fun this Summer in the water. Not as much as my boys would have liked though. It is so hard to take James to the pool, since all he wants to do is get in and get out and get in and get out and run around the pool and get too close to the edge. It made me crazy and way too stressed. So the boys had to suffer a little bit, sorry Shawn and Mikey. Hopefully next Summer will be better. We did get a Slip n' Slide and a little pool for the backyard so I could have a little bit of sanity and they could still get out of the heat with the cold water. I love some of these pictures of them sliding! Go Mikey! (look at his hair and his face, very funny) He's coming in!

James getting in the pool very slowly,since the water was still pretty cold, he would not stay in it very long. But it felt good to step into it, it was pretty hot that day!

Here comes Shawn!! Watch out for Mikey.

I love this!! It is Super Mikey!!! Man that looks like it would hurt when he lands:(

Cooling off in the baby pool.

Pushing on the end to make the water spray up higher, they did this a lot which resulted in breaking the first one so we had to buy a new one.

Smile, I love this face of Shawn, so cute!

drink up boys

Love this picture of James, his cute little belly sticking out and his concerned face, I wonder what he was thinking?

We went to The Gardner Pool, which is a community pool in one of the towns near Olathe. It has a bunch of fun stuff for the kids to do, water slides, a playground in the water and water spraying out everywhere. A Lazy river and diving boards. James loved playing with the little water spouts, he would kick them and put his ball up to them and play cars under them, it was fun to watch. It was perfect to just sit in the shallow water and let him play while I kept cool.


Shawn and his friend Austin found these leap frog discs that you had to get across, it was much harder than they thought, Shawn fell off quite a bit, but he kept getting back on and got all the way across, way to go Shawn! I know that was not easy. Shawn also had a really fun time going off the diving boards a bunch of times. He hadn't really ever done that before, so he made the most of that since we don't have a diving board at our pool.

There were 2 really big water slides that Shawn and I and all the other kids and adults went down, but Mikey was not ready for that yet. He found this little water slide that was just perfect for him and he had a lot of fun going down that many, many times. Mikey also had fun playing with friends and new people he just met all around the playground. He is so good at meeting new people and getting them to play with him.

James and I sitting by the side of the pool while James gets a drink and a snack. He always wants a drink and a snack it seems:) I was trying to get a little sun on my legs and the back of me, but it is a bit too hard to do that with a 2 year old running around.

After a long day in the sun and in the water, it wore the kid out. I actually had to leave early because he was so tired. My friend Rachel brought the Shawn and Mikey home after another couple of hours. I can't believe how long kids can play in the sun and in the water.

This is at our neighbor hood pool. We went several times as a family and the kids went more with some of their friends. Like I said I wish we could have gone more,but James wear me out. I love when Chris comes with us and play with the boys, I could watch that for hours, until someone starts fighting anyway:)

Chillin in the float!

James absolutely loved playing with the basketball hoop this Summer at our pool, it was a hit every time. I didn't like it as much because he got way too close to the edge, so a lot of the time if nobody else was there I would drag it over to the baby pool.

Mikey loves to do flips and spins and dives into the pool. Even though he is not supposed to do most of the things he does, he is still very proud of it all.
Chris is helping James ride on the Hover board thing under water, James really loves to be with his daddy and I know Chris feels the exact same way!

The boys got goggles from the Easter Bunny and they seemed to be a big hit this Summer, we couldn't go to the pool without them.
Here is a shot with all three of them, but they are not really looking like they wanted to be in a picture at that moment, oh well what else is new:)
We can walk to our pool in a few minutes, it is just around the corner and so nice to be so close. We will miss the warm weather and the pool when it closes in a couple of weeks. We have a heated pool this year, so they will keep it open a bit longer than most of the other pools in the area. It is so nice to have a heated pool right now with the air getting a bit more breezy and cooler in the evenings. That is usually when we go with Chris.


No comments:

Post a Comment