Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aunt Lissa's Visit

Yea! Lissa came to visit, what will we do...



After picking Lissa up from the airport we went to Liberty, Missouri. Before we went to Liberty Jail we needed some lunch, well what better to have lunch at a bakery-YUMMMM. We got some really good brownies and a yummy red velet cupcake, James really enjoyed them as well.

James digging into the red velvet cupcake.
I took Lissa to some of the LDS Church History Sites that are near by in Missouri. First we went to Liberty and saw the Liberty Jail that our Prophet Joseph Smith and several other men were held for several months in the cold Missouri winter. It is a really neat place to go and hear about their circumstances and all the wonderful things that happened even though they were in a horrible place. I have been a few times and each time I go I can still feel the Spririt very strong there.

I took Lissa to the Independence Visistors Center, it has a lot of interesting things that you can learn about the LDS members and when they first started the church in this area. I really enjoy coming here as well. We may not have a temple yet, but we have some wonderful places to go to learn more about the saints and to feel the spirit.

We went to a place called Kaleidascope that is at the Crown Center in Kansas City. It is a really neat place that Crayola and Hallmark have come together and it has a bunch of fun art projects that you can make and neat ways to use different art supplies. And it is totally FREE- we love that!

This a is a great picture of the older boys being great big brothers. They were walking around the fountains and there was water on both sides so they each had one of James' hands to keep him safe. I love that:)



We went to Fritz's restaurant for lunch, it is a pretty neat place that the train actually drops off your food at your table. You call in your order and then a few minutes later the train will drive over your table and drop it off on a shelf and the shelf with then lower onto your table- pretty neat!!


Cute Lissa at Shawn's soccer game that we all went to.


Lissa took the boys across the street to the park a couple of times, James had a lot of fun kicking the ball around, as he usually does.


Mikey was swinging really high, this is a cute picture Lissa got of him before he got too high and too fast.


Shawn was having fun shooting hoops, he does this a lot over at the school. .It is so nice to have a huge field and a park and basketball hoops right across the street. I can watch them from my front window if I need to. What a blessing. (Sorry the picture of Shawn got erased and I am having a hard time figuring this whole blog thing out, I would rather be scrapbooking)


Every night Lissa read stories to the boys, she really enjoys reading to children and I am so thankful for that. I really enjoy reading to them as well, but they don't like it as much when I read to them, it is more like chore when I want to read to them. The last night she was there we got a couple of pictures with all the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment