Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

I found some really fantastic photos of all of us on Thanksgiving, I realized that we did not have any photos of the whole day so I took a shot of everyone at the end of the day,
pretty funny. Nice shot of me!
Our gamer boys, lovely

Chris had pneumonia, he did not want any pictures, obviously:)

Cute James and his Aunt Chesley, he was so happy to have Aunt Chesley there and this is the only picture I have of her while she was here, don't kill me Ches! You actually look way better than me.

Here are the beautiful flower that Chris got me a couple of days before Thanksgiving. And I made all the pies except the chocolate one- Chesley made that one-of course!




Well I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving (Just kidding) but I thought I would write a little something. It was our first Thanksgiving on our own here in Kansas. I did have my sister, Chesley here though, so we weren't completely alone. Chesley decided to come the week before because she was a bit lonely in her new place in California, I was very glad to have her here, we had a great time. She left a couple of days ago and I miss her a ton. Thanksgiving was nice besides the fact that Chris was sick as a dog. He had a fever the whole day before and on Thanksgiving, we went to the ER Friday morning and it turns out he has Pneumonia, he is doing better now after a whole week off of work, he is still a bit tired though. I made three pies and all the rolls, I had a lot of fun baking and getting ready for the big day. I think it would have been better though if Chris would have been able to enjoy it, he did not eat very much:(
I would like to say how thankful I am for family and friends and so many other things in my life. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, I love him very much and I appreciate everything he does for me and our family, he works very hard to keep us going. I love my boys very much as well, they are great boys and even though they can be disobedient or cranky they are still great boys and have very sweet hearts, I love it when the have a good moment and their true character shows. I am very grateful for the family that I grew up with, even though we may not have got along much while we were living together, we are very good friends now and I absolutely love that. I am also very happy to have such wonderful friends. I have great friends here in Kansas and great friends in Colorado and even in Texas, they all really do brighten my day!! And one last thing I am so thankful for is to have the true gospel in my life, I know that my Savior died for me and is there for me every second of every day, if I just keep His spirit in my heart. What a wonderful feeling to know why we are here on this earth and where we were before we came here and where we are going when we die. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for all my wonderful blessings that I have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment