Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shawn turns ten???

Well I can not believe that our oldest turned ten on October 23rd, he is in the double digits now!!! Man that makes me old. We were in Colorado for Shawn's birthday this year and we had his party at a soccer park that he likes to play at in Loveland. We had Grandma Jo and Grandpa Alan, and Jake there. Grandma Becky and Bob came. And our friends the Russell's (Derek, Jill, Chandler-Shawn's friend, Addie, and Brinley) came as well. It was a bit windy out so we didn't try to do a lot of candles, but we did get one lit for a short time and he got to blow that one out. Grandma Jo made Shawn a Barcelona cake, this is Shawn's favorite international soccer team. He has a full jersey and socks and soccer balls, this cake is a replica of one of the balls that we have.
Here is Shawn getting a big piece of cake, that he later thought was a bit too big and shared with Mikey, he wanted the Barca sign at the bottom. We actually ate most of the cake with just 15 people, I didn't have any because I am not too into sweets right now.

These are the soccer shoes that he picked out with Grandma Becky. I have never seen a boy with more shoes than Shawn, he loves shoes, especially soccer shoes, we have so many pairs of shoes at this house that I feel like they are taking over the doorways.

I love this picture of my cute boy, he has such a great smile, I love it when he smiles, which it takes a lot to get him to smile these days.


This is the book that he really wanted for his birthday (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 4), Grandma and Grandpa got it for him with a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble, along with some Webelos things that he will need for scouts. He also got a fun game, 'In a Pickle', from the Russell's. Chris got him more indoor soccer shoes as well.

Here are Shawn and Chandler playing soccer with the basketball net, they were trying to kick the ball into the net, it was kind of funny to see them try, Shawn did get kind of close.

Here is the soccer field that Shawn likes to play on, it has a artificial turf that I guess is good to play on. Jake was a good sport to play goalie for quite some time while all the kids kicked at him with balls going every which way.


Here is Shawn and Chandler kicking at the goal. They played out there for a long time, Jill and I were cold just sitting and watching, but we weren't running around like they were.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome cake! Who made it? Did Shawn get the present we sent yet? Sorry it was so late. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happpy birthday shawn! he is getting sobig and it makes me sad to see pictures of you and the boys cause i miss yall so much. i hope we get to be nearer someday. looks likeyou had a good birthday party though. i wonder if shawn has more shoes than me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's your long lost roomy, Jaime! Ok, so I didn't have my blog set up to email me when people left me a comment and I never saw your comment until a year latet when I went back to look at that post! Sorry. So, that is how I found you on f.b.! My oldest just turned 10 as well! You have such a cute family. Lets keep in touch. We have so much to catch up on. I'm going to add you to my blog list!

    ReplyDelete